Just for fun, here’s a quick list of all the places we’ve seen cows in East Africa.
1) In a traffic jam in the middle of Nairobi.
2) Walking down the beach on Zanzibar.
3) Tethered to a tree in the woods at Lake Malawi.
4) Roaming freely in the woods below Mt. Kenya.
5) Next to you as you bike along a dirt road in Madibira, Tanzania.
6) In the river/ crossing the river in Archer’s Post, Kenya.
7) In a field, naturally.
8) Hanging wholly but skinned and beheaded in the unrefrigerated window of a “hotel/butchery.” It took me way too long to learn that hotel here means restaurant. Dah.